If you are new to social media marketing, it can be a bit intimidating. Instead of allowing yourself to become overwhelmed, you should take note of the 15 social media tips here and use them to your advantage.
15 beneficial social media tips for beginners
1. Use images in your posts – This is an excellent way to keep people interested in what you have to offer. You can use Canva to create cool and awesome images. If you want free stock images for your blog, you can download stock images from Joe The Goat Farmer for free!
2. Post regularly – Logging in and posting every once in a while is just not going to cut it.
3. Engage your visitors – Spend some time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This can help you connect with your target audience, and get them further down the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Don’t oversell – (Notice I didn’t say “Don’t sell”.) Pushing too hard to sell your products and services is a huge turn-off in social media.
5. Be careful when using hashtags – While you want to use them to increase user engagement, using too many can be harmful.
6. Stay on point – Always keep things relevant. Going too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Avoid confrontation – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. Respond and stay professional, and keep your head above the fray.
8. Brevity is key – Try not to post overly long messages. People will get bored by the time they reach the end.
9. Be active in comments – Always allow users to comment and show up to engage there. Disabling them signals that you don’t care what users have to say.
10. Stay consistent – Use scheduling tools to post when you can’t. Tools like Hootsuite, Buffer and others make this easy.
11. Post videos – People love them and it makes your content more shareable.
12. Focus your efforts – Pick a few social media platforms to focus on and do those well, rather than spreading yourself too thin trying to hit everyone. Consider the majors like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
13. Mix it up – Post varied types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous – Offer exclusive deals to your audience and encourage them to share with friends. This is one the best uses of social media.
15. Have fun – While you want to stay professional, no one likes a stick in the mud.